21/11/2019 – Sustainable solution for wetsuits — auf Deutsch lesen

EicoPrene from Picture Organic Clothing

Picture Organic Clothing relies on recycled car tyres, which sets it on its very own path in the development of wetsuits.

Picture-Organic-Clothing.jpg

EicoPrene is a foam that has the same technical properties and the same profile as the neoprene that it replaces. © Picture Organic Clothing

 

In the place of neoprene, over 80 percent of its material is ‘EicoPrene’, which is recovered from recycled vehicle tyres, making it more sustainable than petrol-based neoprene. The remaining 20 percent consists of recycled polyester and nylon. The internal lining, similarly, is produced from 100 percent recycled polyester. EicoPrene is a foam that has the same technical properties and the same profile as the neoprene that it replaces, but is produced from a mixture of limestone and recycled tyres. Picture Organic Clothing aims to make even greater use of these alternative materials, creating a more environmentally friendly future for the sport.

The company’s new summery springsuits, too, make use of EicoPrene. By using a water-based Aqua-a adhesive laminate, the springsuits are made to be as green as possible.