Durch die Nutzung dieser Website erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von technisch notwendigen Cookies einverstanden. Die Website verwendet außerdem Tracking Cookies, um die Nutzung durch Besucher besser zu verstehen und eine bessere Bedienbarkeit zu erreichen. Diese können Sie hier deaktivieren. Mehr dazu in unserer  Datenschutzerklärung.

28/07/2016 – Picture Organic Clothing — auf Deutsch lesen

Neoprene-free, based on rubber

In summer 2017, Picture Organic Clothing is launching a 100% ecological wetsuit collection.

bild2-1465377930.jpg

In the summer of 2017, Picture Organic Clothing is launching a 100% ecological wetsuit collection (Photo: Picture Organic Clothing)

 

After two year’s intense research and an extensive trial phase, the green brand has unveiled a new alternative to neoprene that will be appreciated by ambitious surfers close to nature. Natural-Prene, a natural, durable and efficient material, comprises 85 percent natural rubber harvested in Malayan Hevea plantations. The remaining 15 percent is made from synthetic, chlorine-free rubber. An innovative manufacturing process endows the material with high elasticity. By adding micro-particles, Natural-Prene is capable of stretching to four times its original size. According to the manufacturer, the integrated polyester lining offers maximum comfort whilst boasting extremely quick drying properties. A solvent-free, water-based adhesive was used in the production process. Picture’s co-founder Julien Durant: "Ever since we established the company in 2008, we’ve been focusing on the development of environmentally friendly products. An outstanding result of our efforts has been the sustainable and durable alternative to neoprene."