22/09/2020 – International and Hybrid — auf Deutsch lesen
Intertextile Apparel to welcome 3,400 exhibitors
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition will kick off Wednesday, 23rd September, welcoming 3,400 exhibitors from 20 countries and regions.
In addition to country & region pavilions and dedicated product zones, the inaugural Hybrid Showcase will allow exhibitors who cannot attend the fair, to physically showcase their products in a designated display area. The fair will run from 23 – 25 September at the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai).
Ms Wendy Wen, Senior General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd:
“We are delighted to be opening the doors to our Intertextile flagship event this week and are thrilled with the support from both domestic and international exhibitors, considering the challenges that this year has presented.
- With the introduction of the Hybrid Showcase, not only will our digital exhibitors be accessible via video, their products will be showcased onsite for visitors to physically see, touch and examine them.
- This is a vital aspect of textile and fabric sourcing and an element which will increase buying efficiency for visitors.
- Internationality is a crucial component to what makes the Intertextile platform so effective.
So the presence of our overseas country and region pavilions from Germany, Korea, Japan and Taiwan are extremely important and valuable to the fair and industry. This is also why we have worked hard to provide alternative, digital solutions for buyers and suppliers who are unable to travel to the show, with the goal to facilitate as much business interaction as possible for the industry.”
Along with the international pavilions, the eight exhibition halls spanning over 200,000 sqm will also include a number of product zones and Group Pavilions.
The comprehensive product zones include:
Accessories Vision, Beyond Denim, Premium Wool Zone, Verve for Design, All About Sustainability and Functional Lab. And a wide range of innovative exhibitors will feature in this year’s Group Pavilions:
- • Button & Garment Accessories Industry Chamber (Hong Kong)
- • DuPont Trading (Shanghai) Co Ltd (China)
- • Ecocert (China)
- • Hyosung Group (Korea)
- • Lycra (USA)
- • KTC (Korea)
- • Lenzing Fibers (Hong Kong) Limited (China)
- • Oeko-Tex Pavilion (Switzerland)
New Hybrid Showcase with 27 exhibitors broadens the scope of opportunities
To allow businesses who are unable to attend the show in-person to still benefit from the Intertextile platform, the Hybrid Showcase in hall 5.1 will feature 27 exhibitors who are accessible via video, while their products will be on display, for visitors to touch, see and feel in the zone.
Some key exhibitors in this zone include:
- Eastman Chemical
- The Woolmark Company
- NK Fabric Company
- Kane Top Group Limited
Buyers can contact these exhibitors effortlessly through Connect Plus – the fair’s brand new online business matching tool.
With instant messaging and video call functions to schedule and hold online meetings, Connect PLUS is available before, during and after the fair to connect overseas exhibitors and buyers, and help them unlock further business opportunities beyond the three show days.
Exhibitors showcase antibacterial products in response to pandemic
Hygiene-focussed products have seen a steep increase in demand since the Covid-19 pandemic, a trend that has also taken off within the textile industry. Many textile suppliers have answered this global call with new and innovative antibacterial products and solutions. Some exhibitors who will be showcasing their forward-thinking fabrics, fibres and technologies include:
- HeiQ Materials AG (Switzerland) (4.1-H82): Their product, HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03, is an intelligent Swiss textile technology that is added to the fabric during the final stage of the manufacturing process. The technology has proved to be effective against SARS-CoV-2, the Covid-19 causing virus. It is suitable for all fibre types, from medical nonwovens (e.g. face masks) to fabrics for clothing and home textiles.
- Hua Mao Nano-Tech Co Ltd (Taiwan) (5.1-B66): Hua Mao is a leading functional filament and masterbatch manufacturer in Taiwan which has supplied more than 100 well-known apparel brands, such as Columbia, Adidas, Puma, Nike, Anta, Li-Ning, Wacoal and Embry Form. They will display their newly invented series with antibacterial features at the show: Bulky Warm II and Cool Jade-Fresh Chitin.
- Lu Thai Textile Co Ltd (China) (4.1-E48): Luthai Group is a global high-grade yarn dyed fabrics manufacturer and an international shirt producer. They will highlight their ‘Luthai Virosuppress Fabric’, which has effective protection against contamination and transmission of viruses.
- Microban International Ltd (USA) (4.1-H86): Will make their debut at Intertextile by showcasing their antimicrobial fabrics and odour control technology. The Microban antimicrobial fabric additives can be applied to common fabric types such as cotton, polyester and rayon. Their technology is environmentally friendly, certified by bluesign and effective against harmful bacteria.
- Pacific Viscose Holdings Limited (Hong Kong) (4.1-C17): Producers of viscose fibres, they will be highlighting three of their sustainable products including EcoCosy, a green sustainable cellulose fibre with antibacterial, odour-reducing and UV protective functions.
- Xinao (Hong Kong) Limited (Hong Kong) (4.1-H81): As global leaders in wool spinning and first time participants at the fair, Xinao will be presenting two new collections: Bio Lana-IB and Cynthia (wool with strong anti-bacterial functions).
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2020 will be held concurrently with Yarn Expo Autumn, CHIC and PH Value. The fair is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and the China Textile Information Centre.
Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Autumn Edition 2020
23 – 25 September 2021
National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai)