13/07/2017 – Apparel Sourcing — auf Deutsch lesen
One location, four trade fairs
Apparel Sourcing, Paris, now in its 13th show, continues healthy growth and has already registered 25% more exhibitors.
“Always in tune with the needs of buyers and exhibitors’ observations, Messe Frankfurt France is introducing the Texworld Denim segment at the next show. A true reflection of the dominant position that denim occupies in the fashion industry. From the outset, we have welcomed denim manufacturers to the show in a dedicated segment. When it comes to the show this September, it has become obvious that it is necessary to group producers of materials and clothing manufacturers to achieve better synergies for business and to make the most of visitors' time. Our artistic directors have dreamed up a new way to give visitors an appreciation of the different products by opening up the exhibition stands as much as possible, set against a lively and fanciful backdrop", explains Michael Scherpe, President of Messe Frankfurt France. "As regards the number of exhibitors, we have seen a double-digit increase over the last four shows – a sign of our shows' attractiveness and of Paris as a venue, of course!"
Over 80 exhibitors who are specialists for denim, whether they are producers of textile fabrics or contractors to the clothing industry will be presenting their innovations. Sometimes exhibitors can combine all these segments in real vertical businesses: from the yarn to private-label collections. Texworld Denim revolves around a novel concept for stands, making it easier for visitors to discover products, The stands can be upgraded using special metal furnishings. The show, with its highly colourful setting, will have its own trends forum and a "social village”, enlivened by numerous meetings and presentations.
Apparel Sourcing as "the no. 1 platform in Europe for sourcing" always offers ranges of products from international manufacturers, which are chosen by a selection committee: China, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Taiwan, Pakistan... a real distillation of skills from every clothing sector (knits, dresses and blouses, bespoke tailoring, casual wear, sportswear, outerwear, corporate wear, accessories etc.) for men, women and children.
Two new countries attracting a lot of attention:
- Myanmar will be exhibiting for the first time, with the MGMA (Myanmar Garment Manufacturers’ Association) supported by the German AVE. Chiefly known for its ranges of casual wear, Myanmar will be showcasing far more technical products, one of the drivers for growth in the country, at Apparel Sourcing Paris.
- Peru, a country with a wealth of textile traditions going back 5000 years, implemented a policy in 2016 to promote its textile riches. A comeback due to the family-run business INCALPACA with ist ready-to-wear collections for men, women and children and accessories made from one of the finest natural resources of the country: alpaca.
Also not to be overlooked:
- Vietnam, returning with a pavilion housing 10 stands
- The increased presence of Turkey, in particular with fresh solutions for children's organic knitwear
- The Chinese Made-to-Measure workshop: from workshop to shop & from tradition to excellence
- Increased interest for Shawls & Scarves (+15%) , in particular with the return of the major Indian scarf manufacturer: r.K Overseas
Visiting the exhibition couldn’t be easier: Apparel Sourcing Paris belongs to the group of related trade shows organised by Messe Frankfurt France, held in one and the same location, on the same dates and to which entry is free upon presentation of professional credentials: Avanprint, Avantex and Texworld Paris.
Apparel Sourcing, Paris 18 - 21/9/2017 Le Bourget, Paris