30/08/2022 – OECD e-learning course
Due Diligence for Garment and Footwear Supply Chains
A new e-learning course on “Due Diligence for Garment and Footwear Supply Chains” is available. For textile network readers no participation fees are incurred.
Following the successful launch of the OECD e-learning Academy on Responsible Business Conduct in 2021, these days a new e-learning course on Due Diligence for Garment and Footwear Supply Chains is available to supplement your learning from the Essentials of OECD Due Diligence for Responsible Business Conduct (RBC) and advance knowledge for all various stakeholders to the sectors on OECD risk-based due diligence in supply chains specific to the sector.
The new course aims to help learners deepen their knowledge of prevalent human rights, labor rights and environmental risks in the garment and footwear sector and understand how to implement OECD due diligence recommendations in their own operations and supply chain.
For textile network readers to access the course no participation fees are incurred.
An icon for the Garment and Footwear course should appear with a brief delay and learners will be invited to watch a brief video to have access to the new course within 48 hours.
The course is divided in two sections:
- OECD Sectoral Guidance (30min) is an introduction to the sector and presents key characteristics of the sector and background to RBC and development of the OECD Garment and Footwear Guidance.
- OECD due diligence framework (1h30) is a presentation of the due diligence process step by step, considering key issues such as purchasing practices and stakeholder engagement.
Participants will learn about:
- Risks commonly found in the garment and footwear sector and supply chains
- OECD risk-based due diligence framework and supporting measures
- Practical risk mitigation actions companies can take to prevent and address risks in the supply chain
The OECD Due Diligence for Garment and Footwear Supply Chains course is self-paced and includes short quizzes to assess your newly acquired knowledge. It may take approximately 2 hours to complete this course.
After successful completion of the course, learners will receive a certificate of completion.